Monday, April 04, 2011

April PAD Challenge Day 1

Clawing and pulling clumps of dirt as
I climbed up the mountain side, the path
unseen, clouded by anger and resentment.

Lies and fears society manipulated me to try
to keep me from the true path. Light shone
brightly at the top of the mountain urging me
forward.

Urging me to reach for the truth despite the
uncertain that brewed with my heart. I let
instinct take over and found that what was
one took effort now became effortless.

I was given a rope, a life line to the top,
but the climb seem never ending and at
times I thought I show the light dim as
doubt stirred beneath my breast.

Persistence keep me going until I reached
the top, I felt warmth and safe enveloped me.
I lay there with the embrace of this essences and
I knew that my journey was not over.

I rose to my feet and look before me at the beauty of
lush forest and amongst the tall ancient trees lay a path
that of twist and turns. I look over the edge of the
mountain to find myself staring into an abyss of
darkness.

A chasm of dark history that beckoned my back into its
embrace and it sang of victimhood and lifelessness.
Behind me was only desolation and death. Before me
stood a world of wonder and miracles, a voice called to me.

Beyond the woods spoke a voice of guidance and unity.
I stepped towards the path with secure footing, the past
howled to me to stop. But its screams fell silent in the
face of divinity true essence of unconditional love.

I now walk the path where I am not alone. A path in which
I meet with great mentors and teachers that help me grow with
each step I take. Friendships help me to learn of the laughter and
love. Experiences that help me evolve into a better person every day,
in hopes to become that closer to my higher purpose.

No comments: