Tuesday, April 05, 2011

April PAD Challenge Day 4

Our friendship blossom over a decades
and over three sets of seasonal changes. We
shared in happy moments and secrets that I
trusted to no other.

Only to see you turn you’re back to me when
faced with truth and reality. Fear gripped you
tightly. I sought only comfort and support but
instead receive cold words of programming.

I walked a fine line that day with friendship
that was so delicate like a frozen lake with
cracks on the surface uncertain when it would
give way beneath my feet.

The trust was delicate enough that it shattered
under the pressure of others and the lack of
reaching out to help your fellow man in need.

The rope broke, I fell into a lake of desolation
only for the ice to break apart and I sunk into the
cold waters. I floated in the murky depths of a
nightmare.

I numbly tried to swim up to the surface but the
grip of betrayal held me tight until one day I
broke away and was greeted by the warmth of
unconditional acceptance.

The waters that once held me down, suffocating me
released me and I broke the surface with a new sense
of life and passion. To never look back on those dark
days and embrace what it is to live, truly live.

No comments: