Saturday, December 28, 2013

What Started It All?

What started it all for me, it began on my 22nd birthday things occurred that day that put me on this path of conscious awakening. Before that time, I spent it stumbling around in the dark not knowing where to go and not knowing what I was going to do with my life.

Sufficient to say that that birthday would always remind me that even though events that day hurt me at the time, I will always be grateful to them because they opened my eyes to things I didn't want to see at the time.

The hurt was long forgotten and forgiven because it was through that hurt that I transformed my life, I never looked back. I keep moving forward because it's in the here and now is where it matters.

In those days, before my birthday were very dark or at least that's how I saw them at that time. I came to the realization that year before the new year, that I wasn't happy at all and that I can continue on like this. I felt myself dying inside, and the writing looked was very dark.

I saw no sunlight or light. In those times, the darkness was so thick that the light couldn't get through to me but that hurt caused a crack in the darkness however small it allowed light to filter in to me. I consciously realized that I needed to change, that I needed to change because no one else is going to do it for me.

So began my journey for change, and so here I am enjoying the journey and not concern myself  with the destination.

No comments: